What My Days Are Like

If you follow me on Instagram and watch my insta stories (as you should), you already know I document my days in a form of "A day in the life of..." 

Most days my day is off to such a hectic start that I forget to document it properly. So today I'm going to give a detailed account of what MOST of my days look like for this semester. 


Alarm: 7:30am
  • I usually wake up away before because since starting med school I've been waking up between 5:30 and 6am religiously so my internal body clock got very used to it.
  • I have my morning devotion consists of these audio sermonettes that my mother sends me and rereading whatever Bible verse they used. They're usually between 5 to 10 minutes long
  • Do a quick morning workout
  • Clean out Ceasar's litter, put out his dry food and fresh bowl of cold water since I'm gone all day. Get him out of his carrier 


Time check 8:30am
  • Bathroom; brush my teeth, jump in the shower etc
  • (If I have time), Make breakfast, usually just scrambled eggs and some fruit with yogurt
  • Get dressed, do my make-up, and pack my bag. 
Time check 9:40am (most days)
  • Leave home by 9:45am, I live about a 5 minute drive from campus.
  • Get to campus
  • If I did not have time to make breakfast, I order breakfast from the food truck on campus
  • Class starts at 10am and I'm in lectures until 12pm (we do get a 5-10 minute break on the hour for every class)
Time check 12pm
  • All classes are done at 12 and break for an hour lunch
  • If I had time in the morning, I usually pack my lunch. If not there are a few options
    • Food truck on campus
    • Grocery Store across from school
    • Several restaurants on the island but keep in mind we only get an hour.
  • Eat, and relax a bit with my friends. I do have meetings at lunch sometimes
    • When and if I have meetings, I go to my meetings which start at 12 sharp and done by 12:20pm so I get the rest of the time to eat
Time check 1pm
  • Back to class for another 2 hour lecture (Neuro on M,T,W) and (Biochem & Genetics Th, F)
  • Then on M, W, Medical Psychology from 3pm to 5pm.
  • Tuesdays Research in Health and Medicine from 3-5
  • Thursdays and Fridays, I'm out of class by 3pm
Time check 5pm
  • I get home around 5:15pm
  • Unwind with an episode or two of whatever I need to catch up on, have a snack, then take an hour nap.
Time check 7pm - 7:30pm
  • I go over my planner to see if I have any reports, emails, or deadlines I need to meet
  • I start studying soon after and study up until 11pm on most day 
  • Then get ready for bed
Time check 11:15pm
  • Wash my face, shower, get ready for bed
  • Check my social media and complete my insta story with my day wrap up template

That my dears concludes my day! Some days I do not strictly stick to my agenda, I try not to squeeze in things I did not plan for but things happen. 

What are your days like? I would love to know so comment below.



Share:

0 comments